Preliminärt progra studieresa till Irland hösten 2015
Förslag till program (obs! ändringar kan komma att ske)
För frågor eller anmälan ta kontakt med Tobias Nilsson.
- Irish beef study trip 2015
- Collection at airport (morning arrival)
- Visit beef feedlot, finishing up to 2000 animals annually. Steers and heifers purchased
- from throughout the country and fed on a range of home-grown forages and cereals.
- Visit one of the country’s leading pedigree Aberdeen Angus herd. All young stock retained for breeding on farm or for breeding sales.
- Check in to hotel & evening meal
- Check out of hotel
- Visit the National Beef Research Station. Learn about studies being conducted in the
- areas of feed efficiency, genetic improvement of the national herd, pasture grazing
- and forage preservation
- Visit a commercial beef cow herd. 100 cow, continental breed (Limousin, Charolais, Belgian Blue) herd. All youngstock fed until finish with male calves finished as bulls at 15 months of age
- Check into hotel
- Evening meal in hotel
- Depart hotel (option to remain in hotel for a free day of shopping, sightseeing)
- Traditional Irish craft butcher. See how beef is locally sourced, purchased, butchered
- and marketed in a typical sized Irish town
- Visit a large grain grower and livestock feed trader. Learn about new technologies
- being implemented in grain processing and feed enhancement
- Visit a heifer beef feedlot. Heifers purchased from sales yards and fed in two separate stages. Growing stage (either on grazed grass or forage based diet) and finishing stage. Finishing ration specially formulated to influence meat and fat colour for the specialist Italian export market
- Return to hotel and evening meal
- Presentation on European and Global Meat Market trends from representative of Bord
- Bia, the Irish governmental department responsible for the promotion and marketing of Irish beef throughout the world.
- Check out of hotel
- Travel to Northern Ireland to visit a large scale beef feedlot. Over 2500 steers and
- heifers finished annually. Lear about the contrasts and comparisons between beef
- production in the two jurisdictions (Republic of Ireland & Northern Ireland)
- Travel to Dublin airport for return flight